10 Interesting Things about Cambridge City UK
In today’s world, Cambridge is known for education. Here, we will try to explore, some interesting and lesser known facts about this city. Nowadays, Cambridge is home to best education and technical professionals. One can find numerous companies here that deal in the website design, web development, Brochure design etc. GetonWeb is a prominent name for numerous web solutions and today we will let you know interesting things about Cambridge city. Here it starts:
- Lord Byron had bear as pet because dog was not allowed for students in Trinity College at that time.
- Old name of Cambridge is Grantabrycge. This name is concerned with bridge over the river Granta.
- Granta river is known as CAM nowadays. Name of city and river were changed together.
- Alumni of Cambridge University have won maximum number of Noble prize much higher than Oxford. Total number of prizes is close to 100.
- Oliver Cromwell entire body is not buried here, it was only head that too at a secret location.
- More than 30 million books are available at Library of Cambridge University. If any books get published from any publication house of UK then a copy must come in this university.
- Game of football is supposed to be originated from Cambridge.
- Sir Issac Newton had not designed mathematical bridge. It is considered that this bridge in Queens college was first built using mathematical calculations.
- Cambridge engineering students are supposed to be best in Mechanical department.
- This city is also known as Silicon Fen. More than 3000 technical companies are located here.
We have tried to collect some important information regarding Cambridge. As a web design company, we can do this much. For more information, contact us https://getonweb.co.uk